Here are a few of my beliefs. Yes, I realise this is a narcissistic thing to do, but you guys keep feeding me with likes and love hearts.
- Nobody has any idea of what might happen tomorrow, or a year from now. Most of our conversations are after-the-fact explanations.
- These include mine.
- Clever people are often wrong in worse ways than stupid people because they are more confident.
- This includes me.
- Reason is generally used not to discover profound and meaningful truths but to explain and rationalise what our emotions have decided.
- This includes mine.
- No matter what one believes about human rationality, one is almost always less clued up than one thinks.
- Human beings are naturally prejudiced. Not being prejudiced is a learned process.
- The right generally understand the left better than the left understand the right.
- Often our beliefs about whether someone is making a good argument are significantly influenced by how much we like them.
- Our memories are incredibly unreliable.
- Believing any of the above does not resolve any of the above.
- There is no God.
- It is perfectly possible to believe all these things and be happy most of the time.
- Yes, I said I was clever above, well done, you win the prize.
- I can give explanations and justifications for any of this if you need me to.
- If you want a deeper understanding of Munganism, check out my free-to-download game, Marketforce!